Monday, June 15, 2009

Another prayer for you

This is second post on how to pray. Hope you have enjoyed the first post. This time, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this post more as well as learn the true art of praying.

Get up early every morning before dawn. Splash water (and only water, preferably cold, and nothing else) on your face to refresh. Then go out into the open, anywhere, outside the four walls – on the roof-top, in the street, to the nearby park etc. or if you are living close to nature like near the sea or in a mountainous region etc. – just go out amidst the nature. Make sure that you could see the east horizon. Fix your eyes and mind on the horizon and concentrate. Then, as the sun starts to come up, say this prayer. Pray it aloud or silently but make sure even if you are praying silently, your lips are moving as you speak. Let your ears hear what you are saying. Pray with conviction and listen to your own prayer with rapt attention so that you start believing what your are saying. If you pray thus, your prayer will be answered – that is my belief.

Now read the Prayer and then start praying.

“Ask and it is given” – Esther Hicks.

It is dawn now. The Sun is rising. This is the most sublime and pure moment of the day. As the sun is dispelling the darkness of the night, so is the darkness of my mind being dispelled. At this hour with the serene peace pervading the world, this is the right time to lift my mind up toward you. So goes my prayer, O my God!

The day, which is coming into being with dawn now, let it bring more light of purity to the world and her inhabitants. Let it bring a little more true peace. I pray to you to emerge in a little more brighter way than ever before. Let your sweet gospel be recognized by a few more human beings. Let the wisdom of yours, which is higher then the highest, greater than the greatest, truer than the truest, be revealed to all the human kind. Let your infinite love, which is deeper than the deepest, be spread all over the globe so that all the signs of pains and woes are healed. Now, with first rays of the sun, let it declare the festival of happiness. Rise, O God, as this sun rises now, from the core of my life. Let the sun become your emblem in my faith.

O God! O Lord of the World! Let this day today become the good-day, ‘The Happy Day’ of life when I become the devoted follower of your doctrine. Let me submit and dedicate myself at your service without any duality of the mind. Let me held myself higher up toward you so to be profited by a more brighter life, a more purer love. This is my prayer to you – that I could attune myself more with you in a more deeper and incessant way. I pray to be more one with you. I pray to be a better servant to you. O King of all kings, banish from me all egos, all sense of small prides, all greed, all urges of sense gratification. Let me light up like a heavenly fire with your divine love in me. Let me present myself to the world as the emblem of your lighted torch.

Now, at this purest hour of dawn, I dedicate myself to you with a peaceful mind. I feel happy.

Hail to you; O God!

It is you who conquer all the hurdles of life. My physical body just executes it on behalf of you. Now, I am coming to you, O Supreme Commander of life, with no expectation for rewards for I know now that I have no rights whatsoever to reap the fruits of success on a job which is yours. He, who executes well, is rewarded by you accordingly. So now, I am coming to you, and not to yours…., with the purest of mind at this purest hour of the day. I am coming with this one prayer only that let my mind be not distracted from the path of your supreme maxim, that your wishes are all fulfilled through me, through us all, and through all the objects of material value at every moment. Let me be truthful to you from the highest object to the smallest cell in my body, and from my body to my soul.

Hail to you; O God! Hail to you.

No comments: